Senior Systems Design Engineer
Job Reference : GTL-2022-04-103
Location: London, United Kingdom
Our client , the inventor of the ultra-low profile, active electronically steered phased array antenna for mobile satcom, is looking for an ambitious senior systems design engineer who wants to make his or her mark on next generation product
- Work with the engineering teams across multiple disciplines to integrate technology requirements into the systems, software, electrical and RF design.
- Take responsibility for own projects and delivery to tight timescales, communicating through plans, presentations and written reports.
- Lead small engineering teams and subcontractors for design, analysis and testing.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements associated with the product development lifecycle. Author and maintain processes as required
- Work with the Principal Design Engineer to develop existing system architecture designs and derive new ones to meet future product requirements.
- Deliver system-level modelling and analysis to predict performance to system requirement specifications, on your own and by leading others.
- Create system-level and sub-systems level requirement specifications, working with the wider engineering team to capture and derive the requirements flow-down from product level to engineering functions.
- Produce documentation, specifications and reports to an excellent standard to support quality assurance.
- Support the wider technical deliverables required for product development, such as lifecycle management, methods development, peer reviews, procurement support and lab testing.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills:
- A good first or Upper 2nd Class degree (BEng/MEng) in Engineering or equivalent work-based qualifications.
- 3-5+ years in systems, RF and antenna product design.
- Experience in systems simulation tool such as Matlab and SystemVue
- Practical experience in the use of test equipment such as scopes, spectrum analysers, PNAs, VNAs, signal generators, power meters
• Competitive salary
• Bonus scheme
• Contributory pension
• Life insurance at 4X annual salary
• Flexible working
• 25 days' holiday (plus recognised public holidays) and holiday purchase scheme
• Season ticket loan
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Training – continuing professional development
• Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
• WeCare – access to 24/7 online GP